Bee Hive

Bee Hive
to Bee or not to Bee

Monday, September 16, 2013

Blessings in Disguise


(today I made 3 complete rounds in my shaper circuit)

Getting up by 6, having my shaper exercise circuits done and completing breakfast were the first orders of the day. These don’t sound like much of a challenge but for someone who has gotten used to sleeping til the eyelids open, the sound of an alarm is a rude awakening. My shaper circuit for today was to complete 5 squats, 10 sit-ups and 15 marches consecutively and consistently until my 9 minutes were up. I did it!

Some years ago, a patriarch told me that I would see many blessings in my life, even blessings in disguise. Ever since then I have been on a blessing treasure hunt. Some blessings seem easy enough to identify, when I am distressed and comfort comes, that is an easy blessing to recognize. It occurred to me this morning as I was struggling to complete my final circuit, this is most definitely one of those disguised blessing that had been mentioned. My mind traveled to the struggles of the saints as they crossed the country in often-deplorable conditions, bodies tired and minds weary to make for them a better life. Isn’t that exactly what I want to as well?  I have read accounts written by those heroic pioneers of how they would never trade the experiences or hardships for any other way because they came to know God in the trials. That is what I want too. I want to come to know my Heavenly Father so well that I will feel certain that I will recognize His voice when He calls me. I want to bend my will to His and come to understand the mysteries as well as my puny brain can comprehend and I want to become as good as I can be. So if waking up at 6 and doing my circuits will get me there then I say “Let’s get at it girl, what are you waiting for?”

To those of you who are rooting for me, thank you. For those of you who are praying for me, God bless you as well. And for Mrs. Calabash, I miss you and wish you much happiness where ever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment