Bee Hive

Bee Hive
to Bee or not to Bee

Friday, September 20, 2013

And it came to Pass


As the scripture says, “And it came to pass”, it doesn’t say that it came to stay!

This morning as the hubster was preparing to leave the house for the day, he encountered a really large spider in its web strung across the exit from our glass doorway. Being the superman that he is; he just grabbed the broom and went out another way then cleared the obstacle from the path so that I would not be encumbered if I chose to go out that door. Like I said, “SUPERMAN!” 

Sometimes we have obstacles in our paths that cause us to make choices that we shouldn’t make and we make that choice maybe because it is easier, or less scary or who knows what reason we give but ultimately it is not the path we need to be taking. I realized today that the spider was my wake up call to literally wake up earlier everyday. I have chosen the easy route this past week and have just gotten up when I felt like it. (Usually when I hear the hubster turn on the shower). I commit to myself today that I will set my alarm and get up by 5:30 A.M. every day on Monday thru Friday; Saturday and Sunday can be my sleep in til 7 days if I want because I don’t have an exercise appointments on those days.  I’ve done pretty well staying on track with the diet and exercise for the most part. Water consumption still is an uphill effort, I manage about a half gallon everyday but still that is short by about a half gallon. Since I overslept today, I missed my weigh-in at the gym and had a call come in during my workout session. All that could have been remedied by getting up at 5:30! I did manage to take a measurement though and I am happy to report that I am down 4.5 inches in my goal to loose 47 inches. Yeah! Only 42.5 inches to go,  it is progress in the right direction!

Just like the pioneers who learned so many life lessons while crossing the country to get to their promised land, I am making my journey. Some days may be fraught with obstacles to overcome. Mornings may come way too soon and the effort may at times seem overwhelming, but this is my journey and I am determined to see it to the end. I know I will have tough choices to make but I trust that my faith will help me chose the right path so that I will reach my own promise land.

2 comments: